Safe data centers are the backbone of today’s highly engineered society, and for a good reason. Whether it is an internal data center or it serves the general public, a failure and a downtime could have a huge impact on the business. The main goal of a data center fire protection system is to contain a fire while protecting the lives of the personnel and minimizing downtime. Therefore, data centers should be designed and deployed in such a way that, even in case of a fire, a maximum availability could be guaranteed. With this in mind, we only offer our clients the best fire protection solutions:
- Extinguishes a fire in seconds, before it even starts and long before water-based systems discharge.
- Helps protect irreplaceable paper documents and electronics. Because Novec 1230 fluid is a waterless fire suppression solution, it leaves no residue and is electrically non-conductive.
- Provides the highest margin of safety for human occupancy of any clean agent solution.
- Is not subject to the Halon 1301 phase-out or HFC phasedown under any global regulatory body, including the Montreal Protocol.
- Comes with a global environmental warranty — the 3M™ Blue Sky℠ Warranty, designed to provide additional peace of mind.
- Is stored as a liquid and discharged as a gas.
- Is appropriate for Class A, B and C fire hazards.
INERGEN® is a mixture of 52% Nitrogen, 40% Argon and 8% CO2. However, in the event of a fire, when INERGEN® is discharged, it mixes with the air present in the room to create a mixture that comprises of 67.3% Nitrogen, 12.5% Oxygen, 17% Argon and 3.2% Carbon Dioxide.
INERGEN has been extensively used throughout the world as a preferred gaseous fire suppression agent for over 16 years and remains the longest surviving Halon replacement on the market to date.
Fire prevention is the most efficient fire protection method; thus, it should be an ongoing process in a data center. Innova Engineering’s team is the preferred partner for auditing, maintaining and repairing your fire safety system helping you ensure seamless operations and drastically reduce the potential risks of a disaster.